University of North Bengal
The University of North Bengal was established in 1962. The University provides facilities for teaching, training and research. The University imparts education to six North Bengal districts and the neighbouring state of Sikkim. NAAC has accredited the University with B++ rank.Read More
- Bachelor of Business Administration More
- Bachelor of Computer Application More
- Bachelor of Laws More
- Bachelor of Science in Library and Information Science More
- Bachelor of Science in (Major) Information Technology More
- Bachelor of Science in (Major) Software Systems More
- Doctor of Philosophy in Strategic and Area Studies More
- Master of Arts in Strategic and Area Studies More
- Master of Arts in English More
- Master of Business Administration More
- Master of Laws More
- Master of Philosophy in GIS and Remote Sensing Applications More
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science More
- Master of Science in Microbiology More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology More
- Postgraduate Diploma in English More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development, Education and Extension. More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Video Production More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Disaster Management More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Law More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tea Management More
University of North Bengal Details
PG Admission to the Faculty of Science
Candidates seeking admission to the PG programmes should posses Honours degree (10+2+3).
Candidates seeking admission to the MCA course should have scored 60% marks in B.A Hons. / B.Sc. Hons. / B.Com. Hons / BCA / BIT / BIS / BSS degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at graduate level.
Reservation of Seats
Ten percent of the intake in each P.G. Department is for the students of other universities who have scored first class marks in the Honours examinations.
Twenty Eight percent of seats (22% SC and 6% ST) shall be kept reserved for SC and ST students from West Bengal and Sikkim. Following is the selection procedure:
a) Applications in the general category will be arranged according to the merit including the students of SC/ST category, if any.
b) Applications of SC and ST candidates will be arranged according to the merit and be selected for admission according to the quota of 22% and 6%, respectively.
c) If the ST candidates fall short of the reserved quota, the vacancies will be filled-up by the SC candidates.
Resevation of seats are there for candidates holding B.P.L. certificates and Physically handicapped candidates.
PG Admission to the Faculty of Arts, Commerce and Law
Candidates with Honours degree (10+2+3) in the subject will be eligible for admission for the M.A./M.Com Courses other than Strategic and Area Studies and Honours. Graduates (10+2+3) in History / Pol. Sc./Geography / Economics / Sociology / Anthropology are eligible for admission to M.A Course in Strategic and Area Studies.
Student Life at University of North Bengal
National Service Scheme has been introduced was introduced to complement the academic programmes offered by the University. The main objective of NSS is to involve the students in the society of which they are a part.
Directorate of Distance Education
University of North Bengal runs a Directorate of Distance Education. The Directorate offers post graduate programmes in seven subjects, namely, M.A. in English, Bengali, Nepali, Philosophy, Political Science and History and M.A./M.Sc. in Mathematics. The courses can be studied by the students in any location and of any age.
The campus is spread out to an area of 330 acres.
Hostels: Separate hostel facilities are there for boys and girls. All the basic amenities are provided in the hostels.
Bus: Transportation facility is also available from 9.15 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. Chatered bus is available for employees from Silguri.
Guest House: Accomodation for guests are provided on request on payment basis as per NBU rules.
Health Centre: the institute provides free medical treatment and pathological facility with nominal charges.
Central Library: The library comprises of a rich collection of books, Journals and Periodicals. The library will function from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all days.
The University of North Bengal has established the Akshaya Kumar Maitreya Heritage Museum in its campus. The museum incorporates the collection from Raja Rajaram Museum. A rich collection of sculpture, coins, paintings, manuscripts etc., which depicts the history and Heritage of North Bengal are part of the Museum. It is said to be one of the few University Museums in the country.