Trivandrum Medical College
Trivandrum Medical College (TMC) is situated in Trivandrum, Kerala. It is recognized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). MBBS, PG degree and diploma courses in 22 branches, super specialty courses in 10 branches are offered by this institution. The institute is affiliated to Kerala University of Health and Allied Sciences. On the basis of India Today survey this institute has placed 21st position among the top 25 colleges in the country.Read More
Trivandrum Medical College Details
Trivandrum Medical College: An Overview
It was setup in the year 1951, and was inaugurated by Jawaharlal Nehru. This is one of the oldest and most prestigious medical college in Kerala. Several other hospitals and institutions including the College of Nursing, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum Dental College, Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Priyadarshini Institute of Paramedical Sciences and Sree Avittom Thirunal Hospital for women and children are under the roof of The medical college campus.
Facilities and Infrastucture
1. Rehabilitation services center was established in 1975 within the campus.
2. The Central Library is equipped with books, journals and periodicals of academic nature relating to medicine and allied sciences. The library also subscribes to two English dailies, The Hindu and The New Indian Express, a Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi.
3. The Learning Resource Center (LRC) is located within the library, established by the Alumni Association of the college, and consists of internet-enabled computers with a nominal fee. The LRC also subscribes to certain online medical journals.
4. With the contributions from the alumni of the college, an information center was established in the hospital which provides all information regarding the facilities available in the hospital as well as clears any doubts regarding prescriptions or drugs.
5. The Biochemistry department has Clinical Laboratories attached to the teaching hospitals of the Medical College, where routine and emergency clinical biochemistry diagnostic tests are available.
6. Besides this Regional Artificial Limb Fitting Centre, Central Workshop , Animal House, Gas House , Hostels , College Buses are provided by the management of the institute.
Events at the Campus
1. All the departments organize plenty of events separately throughout the year and a large no. of students take part in all the activities whether it is social, educational or cultural.
2. Seminars and symposium are arranged regularly on the current topics of medical fields.
3. Thesis and articles in the national and international level journals are published on regular basis by the students and faculty of the institiute.
4. Apart from this convocation ceremony is also conducted at the campus.
1. The Clinical Research Laboratory of the Biochemistry department has facilities for conducting the Research work of Post-graduates and PhD scholars.
2. Third year and final year students assist to treat outpatient under the observation of their seniors and the professor.
3. Medical camp also arranged for the students on regular basis to gather practical experience.