Malda Medical College and Hospital, Malda
Malda Medical College and Hospital was come into existence in the year 2011, situated at Malda, West Bengal. College is affiliated to West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata. Since its inceptions, college is approved by Medical Council of India. It offers graduate level course in medicine. College aims to provide practical knowledge, which facilitates the students to acquire in depth knowledge in medical subjects.Read More
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of SurgeryMBBS More
Malda Medical College and Hospital, Malda Details
- The Candidate should have passes higher secondary part II (10+2) from any recognized statutory Board / University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their elective subjects and must not have secured less than 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates must be of 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Admissions for five and half year M.B.B.S course are strictly done through the performance in the Entrance Test conducted by State Government and All India PG Medical Entrance Examination (AIPMT) entrance examination.
Facilities and Infrastructure
College provides all the basic facilities to its students. Students of the college can avail the hostel facility provided by the college. There is a separate accommodation facility for both boys and Girls. All the hostel rooms are well furnished and well equipped with basic amenities, attached mess, TV room, recreation room, basketball & volleyball courts etc.
The college library is big, spacious and well stacked with rich collection of textbooks, reference books, national, international and scientific journals, periodicals and newspapers. The Library has a sufficient volume of about 14,100 books textbooks, large number of specialized foreign journals, magazines & Internet. Apart from the central library, every department has its own departmental library.
College has well ventilated classrooms and well equipped with latest teaching aids, which facilitate easy understanding of the concepts. Lecture halls are well equipped with audiovisual teaching facilities like LCD Projection systems. Institute has well equipped laboratories for Anatomy, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine with excellent collection of wet and dry specimens, embryology models and Trans light exhibits.