Maharaja Institute of Technology
Maharaja Institute of Technology or MIT, located at Mysore in Karnataka, is affiliated to Visveswarya Technological University. Apart from offering engineering courses, the college also offers PG programmes such as Master of Computer Application and Master of Business Administration. According to the survey conducted by Nelsons Company, MIT is in the third place in Mysore and in the fifth place among Engineering colleges in South Zone.Read More
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering More
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering More
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering More
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology More
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical and Automation Engineering More
- Master of Business Administration More
- Master of Technology in Computer Science Engineering More
- Master of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering More
- Master of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering More
- Master of Technology in Mechanical and Automation Engineering More
Maharaja Institute of Technology Details
Highlights of the Campus
The campus of the college is spread out to 10 acres of land. Following are the highlights of the college:
• Smart campus
• Spacious classroom
• Teaching - learning aids
• Language laboratory for language correction in both reading and writing skill for students and staff members
• Well equipped laboratories with all assistance
• Computer laboratory in network
• Internet facility to the staff member and students for knowledge acquisition from globally networked knowledge bases
• Transportation facility to the students
• Students are provided with hostel accommodation
• Encouragement for research activities to the faculty members by deputing them to obtain higher qualification
• Student encouragements in research activities by supporting them technically and with the laboratory
• Students counseling to solve day to day difficulties in their studies and other problems
• Orientation programmes arranged for the benefit of the students
• Networked office room for quick and successful disposal of work
• Transparency in the education system
The rich library of the college caters to the needs of the undergraduate and post graduate students, research scholars and the faculty. The library functions on all working days. The functioning of the library is partially automated.
The canteen of the college is open from 8 A.M to 8 P.M and serves hygienic food to the students.
The college offers separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The rooms in the hostel are fully furnished and are three people sharing. Facilities such as 24hrs Solar Hot Water, 24hrs internet facility, Hygienic food and Mineral Water and assured power supply are offered in the hostels.
The college owns a fleet of 20 buses to meet the transportation requirements of the college. Students of the college are not allowed to come to college in their own vehicles.
Internet facility is also available to the students and staff of the college. Access to inappropriate materials and sites are restricted by the use of a filtering system.
MoU with K2 Technologies
The college has signed an MoU with K2 Technologies, which is one of the famous global software companies chaired by one of the trusties of the college, Sri. Ananth Koppar. The firm will train and place the students through its HR department. The firm also establishes a research centre in the colleges and will sponsor the teachers and students for carrying out the research activities.
Download Application Form
Maharaja Institute of Technology has a training and placement cell to assist the students in placement activities. The cell provides training on communication skills, personality development, aptitude, and0 computing skills. Placement of the students is done in the pre-final year itself. The cell also organises job fairs for the students.