Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences – KIMS is situated at Bangalore, Karnataka. KIMS has two sections in Bangalore- 1. Pre-clinical and Para Clinical sections at Banashankari IInd Stage near BDA complex and 2.Clinical sections and KIMS Hospital at the K.R Road, V.V Puram It is affiliated by Medical Council of India (MCI). Since 1980-81 MBBS Course is running in KIMS; and also PG degree/diploma courses in various fields such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Medicine, Surgery E.N.T, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Radiology, Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases, Pediatric Surgery and Plastic Surgery and many more are running since 1991-92 it also offers PG diploma and post certificate diploma courses. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Jayanagar, Bangalore. KIMS has been achieved No. 24 position among the 275+ medical colleges in India by The MINT.Read More
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery More
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery More
- Diploma in Anesthesiology More
- Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics More
- Diploma in Orthopedic More
- Diploma in Paediatrics More
- Diploma in Anesthesia More
- Diploma in Child Health More
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology More
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology More
- Diploma in Ophthalmology More
- Diploma in Orthopaedics More
- Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology More
- Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis More
- Doctor of Medicine in Anatomy More
- Doctor of Medicine in Microbiology More
- Doctor of Medicine in Pathology More
- Doctor of Medicine in Anesthesiology More
- Doctor of Medicine in Community Medicine More
- Doctor of Medicine in Forensic Medicine More
- Doctor of Medicine in Medicine More
- Doctor of Medicine in Pediatrics More
- Doctor of Medicine in Pharmacology More
- Doctor of Medicine in Psychiatry More
- Doctor of Medicine in Biochemistry More
- Doctor of Medicine in Radio Diagnosis More
- Master of Surgery in Ear, Nose and Throat More
- Master of Surgery in General Surgery More
- Master of Surgery in Obstetrics and Gynaecology More
- Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology More
- Master of Surgery in Orthopedics More
- MD - Anaesthesiology More
- MD - Bio-Chemistry More
- MD - Dermatology , Venereology and Leprosy More
- MD - Forensic Medicine More
- MD - General Medicine More
- MD - Microbiology More
- MD - Paediatrics More
- MD - Pathology More
- MD - Pharmacology More
- MD - Physiology More
- MD - Psychiatry More
- MD - Radio Diagnosis/Radiology More
- MD - Social and Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine More
- MD/MS - Anatomy More
- MD/MS - Obstetrtics and Gynaecology More
- MD/MS - Ophthalmology More
- MS - ENT More
- MS - General Surgery More
- MS - Orthopaedics More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Radiology Diagnosis More
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Details
KIMS an overview
It was started in the year 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha. KIMS has 810 beds and provides all the necessary modern facilities in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Preventive Medicine, Forensic Post-mortem facility and Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry investigational facilities. Its mission is to be a leader in helping patients.
KIMS provides separate hostels for boys and for girls. Hostels are located in the Banashankari campus and can accommodate about 400 students. Student Welfare Officers and Wardens are always available to students and interns for support.
Co-Operative Society was ongoing since 1981. It helps to meet the needs of students and staff in their requirement of books, stationary and other articles at cheapest prices.
Canteen ‘Sri Nidhi Sagar’ fulfills the need of Faculty, Students and staff. A new canteen with modern facilities is to be opened shortly at the campus.
The college has a well-equipped health club with a 10 station multi-gym, two treadmills and steppers and a trained instructor. Indoor games like chess, carom and table tennis and outdoor games facilities are also available.
Life at KIMS
All students and teaching faculty members are share holders of the society. The board of directors of the society consists of teaching faculty and students.
The college has two intracollegiate sports fests Kutgal Cup (for cricket) and Dinamani Cup (for football) in every year.
The college day ‘Atharva’, is a platform for the students to display their talent in activities such as music, dance, mad ad, etc.
The intercollegiate quiz competition, Uttunga, is also conducted by the college every year.
College magazine has different titles including aesculapiads. Two outstanding articles were contributed to our college magazine are 1st by John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), 35th president of the U.S.A. who wrote about the health scenario in that country and 2nd article by scientist Prof.J.B.H.Haldane (1892-1964) who was a British geneticist, physiologist and popularizer of science. The college magazines over the year are a stockroom of memories.
Students Union is very active in conducting events like cultural and sports events and some times even participated in the National causes.