JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science
JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science (JSSCACS) started in 1964 in Mysore. It is located at Ooty Road, Mysore, Karnataka. College offers Science, Arts and Commerce courses, inter - disciplinary courses in Business Management, Sericulture, Electronics, Computer Science, Computer Maintenance, Instrumentation, Biochemistry, Bio-Technology and Micro-Biology. It also provides Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), M.Sc in Computer Science, Biochemistry and Bio-Technology, PG Diploma courses in Embedded Systems, ICT for Development and Sharana Sahitya. Postgraduate Diploma in HRM, M.Com and Career Oriented Courses in Animation has recently been introduced.Read More
- Advanced Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Maintenance More
- Advanced Diploma in Horticulture More
- Advanced Diploma in Industrial Microbiology More
- Advanced Diploma in Sharana Sahitya More
- Advanced Diploma in Tax Management More
- Advanced Diploma in Computerized Accounting More
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Economics, Political Science More
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Economics, Geography More
- Bachelor of Arts in Kannada, Economics, Political Science More
- Bachelor of Arts in Kannada, Economics, Geography More
- Bachelor of Arts in Kannada, Political Science, Geography More
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Economics, English More
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Political Science, Geography More
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Political Science, Geography More
- Bachelor of Business Management More
- Bachelor of Commerce More
- Bachelor of Computer Application More
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics More
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science More
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics, Electronics More
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Maintenance More
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics, Instrumentation More
- Bachelor of Science in Botany, Bio-Chemistry, Micro-Biology More
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology More
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Botany, Zoology More
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Zoology, Sericulture More
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology More
- Certificate in Industrial Microbiology More
- Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Maintenance More
- Certificate in Sharana Sahitya More
- Certificate in Horticulture More
- Certificate in Tax Management More
- Certificate in Computerized Accounting More
- Certificate in Buddhism More
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Maintenance More
- Diploma in Sharana Sahitya More
- Diploma in Horticulture More
- Diploma in Industrial Microbiology More
- Diploma in Tax Management More
- Diploma in Computerized Accounting More
- Diploma in Buddhism More
- Integrated Advanced Diploma in Sharana Sahithya More
- Master of Commerce More
- Master of Science in Biotechnology More
- Master of Science in Biochemistry More
- Master of Science in Computer Science More
- Master of Social Work More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Embedded Systems More
- Postgraduate Diploma in ICT for Development More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sharana Sahithya More
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Management More
JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science Details
More about JSSCACS
It is one of the 300 institutions run by JSS Mahavidyapeetha. The college is autonomous under University of Mysore and is re-accredited by NAAC with "A" Grade.The degree is awarded by the University of Mysore after the successful completion of course. JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science - JSSCACS Mysore is recognized by UGC as aCollege with Potential for Excellence. College independently frames the syllabi; introduce new courses and conduct examinations is considered as its distinctive feature. JSSCACS Mysore has highly qualified and dedicated teaching staff. Currently 1600 students including foreign students are pursuing their education in various disciplines. Students of college show excellent academic records in examination every year.
Facilities and Infrastructure
College campus is sprawl over 7 acres of plot with a spacious building and a hostel in a beautiful view surrounding at the foot of Chamundi Hills. To create additional space to meet the growing needs of the college, a 3rd floor on the existing building has been constructing.
College housed a women’s hostel to accommodate about 150 students. It has excellent infrastructure required for the pursuit of academic excellence. Hygienic and nutritious food at moderate rate is provided at the canteen of college.
Each Department of the college has a separate laboratory equipped with all the modern equipments to cater the needs of the students.
The library of college is the heart of the college. It has been housed within college building. It has a big collection of more than 16,898 books. College library is partially computerized. College library have subscribed more than 30 periodicals or journals in Kannada, English, Hindi and 6 newspapers. Book bank faculty is also provided to the economically backward and meritorious students.
The laboratories of each department of college are equipped with modern instruments and equipment required for the regular courses. Thelaboratories of Computer Science Department have a good collection of software for several user applications. The department also has a hardware lab and individual attention to every student is given in the lab.Recently a modern Bio-Technology lab has been set up for conducting experiments at postgraduate, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral levels.
Events and Activities
The college also provide environment for sports and cultural activities. It has well maintained playground and a well-equipped national level Basketball Court. Students are encouraged to take part in college, university, state and national level events. Proper training and guidance is provided by Physical Education Director, Instructors and coaches. State level shuttle badminton tournament is organized every year.Students of college have won various awards in Games, Multigym, Sports, and Debate and Music at Inter-College and University level events.
College has a NCC wing, which brings students a sense of patriotism, discipline, punctuality and all that is required for making them an ideal human being.NCC wing of college also organizes training programmes in drill and weapon training, sports and adventure activities for students.The cadets of NCC getopportunities like reservation of seats in Engineering and Medical Colleges and vacancies in IMA and OTA.
There are 2 NSS Units in college;many students take part as volunteers in state and national level camps. The association regularly conducts Blood Donation and Health Checkup Camps.
College organizesmany National and State level Seminars, Workshops, Conferences and Symposia for all round development and exposure to recent trends in science, technology and related fields for students.Curriculum development and examination reforms are implemented on a continuous basis.
Many batches of students have successfully completed the course and most of them have entered into Post Graduate course and some of them are employed in pharmeceuticals and Biotech companies and other allied areas.Normally placement cell are set up in college to provide recruitment guidance and assistance and facilities and infrastructure to engineers and management graduates but JSS College also provide the same assistance and guidance to graduates of arts, commerce and science. College focuses on their continuous interaction with the industry experts and counsel on individual basis and bring them to the exposure of competent market in concerned field..
Many ex-students or faculty of the institution are successful literati, politicians, administrators and bureaucrats and still nostalgic and maintain emotional attachment with the institution. The Alumni Association of JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science (JSSCACS) Mysore is a registered body and is very active. A database of all the final year students of college has been created and is upgraded from time to time. College oraganizes alumni meet annually, bi-annually.