Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition-Mumbai
The Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai, was the first of its kind in South East Asia. It was founded in the year 1954 by the All India Women’s Central Food Council under the leadership of Late Smt. Lilavati Munshi. It is affiliated to the National Council for the Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi.Read More
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration More
- Certificate Course in Hotel Catering Management More
- Certificate Course in Cookery More
- Certificate Course in Bartending More
- Craftsmanship Course in Food Production and Patisserie More
- Craftsmanship Course in Food and Beverage Service More
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accommodations Operation More
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Dietetics and Hospital Food Service More
Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition-Mumbai Details
- B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Craftsmanship course in Food Production and Patisserie
- Craftsmanship course in Food and Beverage Service
- Craftsmanship course in Hotel Operation
- Certificate course in Cookery
- Certificate course in Bakery
- Certificate course in Bartending
In order to be eligible to the B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration course a candidate should have passed 10 + 2 or its equivalent examination in any academic or vocational stream with English as compulsory subject.
Age limit: General category not more than 22 years as on 1st July and 25 years for candidate belonging to SC/ST.
In order to be eligible to the Craftsmanship course in Food Production and Patisserie and Craftsmanship course in Food and Beverage Service a candidate should have successful completed S.S.C. (10th class of 10+2 pattern) or equivalent qualification with English as one of the subject in the Final of the School Examinations.
Age limit: Maximum up to 22 years as on 1st June of each year, relax able up to 3 years in the case of SC/ST candidates.
In order to be eligible to the Certificate courses a candidate should have Minimum SSC qualification.
The application forms for the desired course will be issued in the college itself and the candidate can obtained it by paying DD of the specified amount and submitting all the documents required by the college.
Candidates can download the application form from the official website of the college.
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Each year of the hotel management course as well the food production craft course has their separate kitchen facilities as well as bakery facilities.
- The On premises training restaurant provides a platform for the students to hone their food and beverage skills.
- A well equipped housekeeping lab with laundry equipments.
- A mock front desk and bell desk which helps students to simulate front office environment
- Round the clock internet access in the Lobby
- Our fully functional new computer laboratory with 50 computers with Internet and Intranet facilities.
- A well-equipped library with the widest collection of books pertaining to Hotel Management all under one roof.
- The students are provided with breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant. The 2nd year students prepare the lunch provided as part of the curriculum. Other meals are prepared by other students in groups. A team of senior assisted by junior students manage Food & Beverage Service Operations during the lunch hour. This helps to hone practical skills as well as interpersonal skills of the students at work while also providing the ambience of a fine dining restaurant for the diners.
- Locker room facilities are provided for all the students from Mumbai.
- After a Hard day’s work the students unwind with the excellent sports facilities offered: Basketball Court, Badminton/Tennis Court and Games Room.
- The college provides separate accommodation facilities for girls and boys. Both the hostels are located within the enclosure of the college being so convenient that one may just fall out of bed and walk into class.
- Many of the faculty reside in the quarters provided by the college, thus students get their continuous support and guidance.
- The newly setup auditorium with state of the art audio visual facilities with 200 plus seating capacity was inaugurated by our Chief Minister , Mr. Sushil Kumar Shinde.
- The cafeteria located on the 2nd level operates during the working hours of the college and provides the students with tasty wholesome mid-meals snacks at reasonable prices.
- The newly built state-of-the-art gymnasium was inaugurated this year to encourage students to pursue fitness and health. It features a full time instructor, and is open from 6.30 am to 8.00 am, 5.15 pm to 8.00 pm (Monday to Friday), and 7 am to 9 am on Saturday.