Government Medical College Thrissur
Government Medical College Thrissur (TMC)is located in the ambiance of Mulagunnathukavu (M.G Kavu) 14 km away from Thrissur, Kerala. It is one of the pioneer centers in medical education in Kerala. It is recognized by Kerala University of Health and allied sciences since 2009. It is affiliated by IMC in 1991 and by WHO in 1993.Read More
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery More
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing More
- Certified Radiology Assistant's (CRA) Course More
- Doctor of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology More
- Doctor of Medicine in Radiodiagnosis More
- Doctor of Medicine in General Medicine More
- Doctor of Medicine in Pediatrics More
- Doctor of Medicine in Psychiatry More
- Master of Surgery in ENT More
- Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology More
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Medical Laboratory Technology More
Government Medical College Thrissur Details
Government Medical College Thrissur in a nutshell
The college was started in the year 1982. It was inaugurated by the e Governor of Kerala, Smt. Jyothi Vencatachellum. The college is first started in the T.B sanatorium and it shifted ti its new location in 1983. The campus is expanded over an area of more than 250 acres.
1. TMC provides high-quality teaching materials with academic bulletin board, surgical instruments, instruments for pre-clinical medical training and histology teaching slides.
2. Class rooms are well-furnished with audio visual equipments and LCD projectors.
3. Library of the institute has huge collection of medical journals and books.
4. Computer center provides internet, scanning and printing facilities.
5. Campus is well-connected with the remaining city.
6. TMCCA also has a computerized outpatient department and beautification department (sponsored by MCCH).
Events at the campus
1. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee in the year 2007.
2. Activities such as academic meetings, art festivals, Inter-medical youth festival are also organized at the campus.
3. Students are involved in social activities like supporting water supply scheme of the college campus, supporting back ground work in IMC inspections, silver jubilee celebrations and providing financial support for students.
4. Every year college published its own magazine like Memorabilia(2006), Lub Dub (2005) got the award for the Best Magazine in "All Kerala Basheer Memorial Award Competition"., Elixir (2004), Imperium (2004), Phoenix (2003).
5. Thrissur Medical College Alumni Association (TMCAA) is very strong and provides its support to all the events at the campus. TMCAA conducts the famous CME program for orientation for junior doctors for career advancement and helps junior doctors all over Kerala to qualify the post-graduate MD/MS entrance examinations.
TMC provide good training facilities to their students. Both technical and practical training programs are arranged by the management.
Students also get a chance to work with professor and senior doctors.